HRO Today Institute & Corporate Responsiblity Magazine Competitive Workforce Congress – Invitation Only
The invitation only Workforce Congress event will take place May 2nd in conjunction with the HRO Today Forum. The Congress gathers HR Officers, government leaders, and NGO executives to develop concrete plans for getting America back to work. The Congress will debate a series of resolutions calling for cross-sector collaboration and public-private partnerships. Congressional delegates will work towards a joint statement to be issued to the public immediately following the HRO Today Forum.
Senior HR Officers Attending HRO Today Forum
HRO Today Institute Advisory Board
- Michael Brandt, Corporate VP Human Resources, Parexel International
- David Kozel, Senior VP, PVH
- Charlene Parsons, VP Talent Optimization, Cigna Corporation
- Michael Pilnick, Chief HR Officer, Walters-Kluwer (retired)
- Penny Stoker, VP People Services & Transformation, Astra-Zeneca
- Michael Beygelman, President, Adecco RPO
- Bruce Morton, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Allegis
- Jennifer Beck, Senior VP & Managing Director, Guidant Group
- Joan Davison, President & COO, Staff Management | SMX
Government & NGO Leaders
- Scott Case, CEO, Startup America
- Suzanne Immerman, Director of Strategic Partnership, US Department of Education
- Cheryl Odham, Director, Institute for the Competitive Workforce, US Chamber
- TBD, Executive, USO
- TBD, Executive, Employer Partnership of the Armed Forces
Discussions and Resolutions for Consideration
Training for Upward Mobility
Every year millions of jobs go unfilled because of a lack of workers with the necessary skills. At the same time, companies have gutted their training and development programs, limiting our collective ability to turn raw talent into valuable human capital.
- Strengthening the American middle class requires a comprehensive workforce development policy to close the job – skills – training gap.
Proposed Collective Action(s). Signatories agree to:
- Underwrite a research study to gather best practices in cross-sector collaboration around workforce development.
- Form partnerships with local community colleges to close the job – skills – training gap at the local level.
Swords into Plowshares
The coming months will see the largest drawdown in American armed forces in a generation. While many companies have expressed a willingness and interest to put these deserving veterans to work, many employers lack the know-how to effectively hire, train, and retain them. At the same time, many veterans lack the fundamental career-development skills possessed by their age cohorts and may lack readily deployable skills for the modern job market.
- Proposed Resolution: Reintegrating veterans into society will require a public-private partnership regime for retraining, redeploying, and reemploying them.
- Proposed Collective Action(s): Signatories agree to form public-private partnership(s) to retrain, redeploy, and employ veterans.
HRO Today Institute and Corporate Responsibility Magazine Competitive Workforce Congress Sponsors
2012 HRO Today Forum Video Highlights
HRO Today Forum Twitter Feed